Welcome to Sound Design
Sound Design is one of the pathways of the HKU Music and Technology's Creative Media and Game Technologies Bachelor degree course. In Sound Design you learn to design sound in a way that gives it meaning.
You may not have thought about it, but many of the sounds you hear daily have been designed. Not just in entertainment, such as film, television, games and online content, but also the sound of electric toothbrushes, chainsaws and electric bikes. The professional field of a Sound Designer is broad, so you have plenty of options.
Sound Design always begins with the meaning: which emotions or images does this sound evoke? Why is that and how does it work? When you understand this, you can translate the atmosphere that a game or film (or even a car) is meant to radiate into the right sound. This combination of creative vision and technology will make you highly sought after.
Sound Design in brief
- Giving sound meaning
- Part of the Creative Media and Game Technologies Bachelor degree course
- A unique combination of creativity and technology
- Lecturers from the professional field and lots of practical projects
- A broad professional field and excellent job opportunities
Could Sound Design be something for you?This course is really suited to you if:
- You are especially interested in music and sound and you would like to work in this field with new technologies and applications
- You can think in the abstract and quickly spot connections
- You are creative and have your own sound
- You collaborate well and are able to clearly convey facts and ideas
- You have an affinity with technology
This programme is in Dutch only!
Please only apply if you are able to read and write Dutch. To see all details, please see the Dutch language version of this page.
Go to Dutch page