Image and Media Technology in brief• Become a visual storyteller: an original designer and creator of stories
• A course for media makers of the future
• Work with video, animation and design: from television to museums
• Collaborate with external partners, organisations and festivals
Is Image and Media Technology the right course for you?
If you enjoy making and you’re bursting with ideas for telling your stories in images, then the Bachelor of Image and Media Technology (IMT) is the right course for you. Does the profile below describe you? If so, we’re interested in you.• You want to translate your ideas into visual form
• You’re curious and you love discovering new things
• You enjoy working with image and sound and playing with different forms of storytelling
• You think on a larger scale than just television and movie screens
• You have a broad interest in culture and society; you follow the news and you love film, museums and festivals
• You work well in a team, you’re a good communicator and want to use your knowledge and talent in projects
Why choose Image and Media Technology at HKU?
With us, you continually experiment, design and innovate using current art, media and film techniques. Your visual stories can be used in both traditional and innovative media. They’ll appear not just on television, movie screens and YouTube, but also in video mappings, projections and augmented reality, areas of expertise that you will develop.
Although you’ll learn theory in IMT, design is something you learn by doing and by linking theory to making. That’s why you’ll mainly work with other external partners, such as cultural or civil society organisations, festivals and companies set up by graduates. You’ll learn through practice and you’ll get to meet your future colleagues.
This programme is in Dutch only!
Please only apply if you are able to read and write Dutch. To see all details, please see the Dutch language version of this page.
Go to Dutch page