Animation in brief
- Become an animator, director or designer
- Develop your own style when it comes to animation concepts, designs and narrative forms
- Learn to design moving images, with a focus on the finer points of timing and acting
- Learn all about animation production and planning, from concept and storyboard to editing and sound post-production
Is Animation the right programme for you?If you want to bring 2D or 3D images to life, we recommend this course. If the profile below describes you, then we are interested in you.
- You’re keen to make animations
- You want to transform your ideas, stories and concepts into moving images
- You’re interested in stories, image composition and design
- You have a broad interest in culture and society
- You work well in a team, you enjoy communicating and you want to learn how to convey information clearly
Why choose Animation at HKU?
At HKU you learn to create short animations independently, but you also do a lot of work as part of a group. In the 3D programme (the only animation course in the Netherlands offering this specialisation), collaboration is essential. You’ll learn about the industry and work with various external clients. In the second year, you’ll make films for the BNN-VARA television programme ‘Twee voor Twaalf’. And each year, your work has a chance of being screened in the Lowlands film programme, the student competition of the Netherlands Film Festival, or animation festivals such as Playgrounds and Kaboom.
This programme is in Dutch only!
Please only apply if you are able to read and write Dutch. To see all details, please see the Dutch language version of this page.
Go to Dutch page