Illustration in brief• Four-year course to become a professional illustrator
• Develop your own signature style and visual language
• Receive supervision from lecturers, each with their own specialism
• The outcome: you’ll be an illustrator who has something important to say
Is Illustration the right course for you?If you’re constantly bursting with creative ideas, ideas that you want visualise, then the Bachelor of Illustration is the right course for you. Do you see yourself in the profile below? If so, we’re curious to meet you.
- You think visually (in images)
- You have perseverance
- You have good verbal skills
- You’re good at making connections
- You have boundless curiosity
- You’re critical – of your own work and your work process
- You have a broad interest in culture and society
Why choose Illustration at HKU?At HKU, you learn to illustrate over a four-year period. We are one of the few independent departments in the Netherlands where this is possible. During the programme, you’ll be given the supervision you need. A team of lecturers, each with their own specialism, is there for you – from illustration to animation and new techniques such as virtual or augmented reality. Our mission is to make you the best illustrator you can be. That means choosing courses that suit you, from year three on. You also work regularly with clients to prepare for professional practice.
This programme is in Dutch only!
Please only apply if you are able to read and write Dutch. To see all details, please see the Dutch language version of this page.
Go to Dutch page