Welcome to Writing for PerformanceOn the Writing for Performance course you learn to be a professional writer. You learn to write for film, TV, theatre, radio and new media. How do you do that? By reading, writing, scrapping, re-writing and discussing and reviewing your work again and again with others. This enables you to develop into a flexible writer who can think outside the pigeon-holes of genre.
Writing for Performance in brief
- Broadly-based full-time drama writing course
- Writing for film, TV, theatre, radio and new media
- Plenty of room to develop your own style
- Collaboration with other HKU Theatre pathways
Could Writing for Performance be for you?You are a born inventor, teller and writer of stories. You want to write for a wide variety of media. You identify with the following profile:
- You love theatre, film, television and literature
- You have good social, communication and language skills
- You like collaborating with others
- You love to learn
- You are enterprising
- You want to write for theatre, film, radio and television
- Then the Writing for Performance Bachelor degree course may be just the thing for you.
Why choose Writing for Performance at HKU?The Writing for Performance Bachelor degree course is the only full-time course for drama writing in the Netherlands. You will have the opportunity to combine the best of the theatre, TV and film worlds.
This programme is in Dutch only!
Please only apply if you are able to read and write Dutch. To see all details, please see the Dutch language version of this page.
Go to Dutch page