Welcome to Spatial Design
Spatial Design is about designing spaces: ranging from interventions in the space to playing with the interaction between people and spaces. The ‘traditional’ world of architecture and spatial design is changing, and it needs people who can develop unique, surprising visions. Spatial design is closely linked to what happens in and around a space, in society and in the world.
On the Spatial Design course, you develop as an investigative designer who wants to contribute to issues in our daily lives, with the help of spaces and through interventions in spaces. In your work, you learn to let your imagination speak and to make connections between your interests, what you think and feel, and the world. You learn to show your attitude to design in your work, and what you understand spatial design to mean. The four-year, full-time Spatial Design course is one of the pathways of the Bachelor of Design.
Spatial Design in brief
- Develop as the designer of tomorrow
- Become familiar with different design approaches
- Work with a range of technologies, techniques, materials and visual media
- Experiment in workshops
- Freedom to find your own way as a designer
- At the heart of society
- Individual work alternates with collaborations and working on projects with external parties
- Research and creativity belong together
When is Spatial Design right for you?The Spatial Design course is certainly right for you if you:
- Are creative, enjoy making things and want to express something
- Dare to experiment
- Are open to investigating what product design can mean to you
- Are curious about what is happening in the world and what the future will bring
- Can work independently and show initiative
This programme is in Dutch only!
Please only apply if you are able to read and write Dutch. To see all details, please see the Dutch language version of this page.
Go to Dutch page