Welcome to Theatre in Education
On the Theatre in Education course you are trained as a theatre lecturer and make the connection between acting and teaching. You learn to act and to make theatre, but also how to coach others in these skills. You conduct research and do an internship in the Netherlands or abroad, to gain practical skills.
Theatre in Education in brief
- Full-time theatre lecturer course
- Acting, teaching, making theatre and inspiring
- A mixture of artistic activities and learning to coach
- Discover and develop your unique profile
- Projects and internships in and outside the educational sector, in the Netherlands and abroad
Could Theatre in Education be for you?You love acting and theatre-making. You would like to learn to teach and coach others. Do you identify with the following profile?
- You have a passion for acting, coaching and theatre-making
- You are in good shape
- You have an open attitude and are curious about the world.
- You are autonomous
- You are flexible
- You have good communication skills
- You see opportunities for theatre throughout society
- You have a broad interest in other cultures and art forms
- Then apply for the Theatre in Education course.
Why choose Theatre in Education at HKU?
HKU is small scale and centrally located. You get to know your fellow students and lecturers well and collaborate frequently with other courses from within and outside the school.
This programme is in Dutch only!
Please only apply if you are able to read and write Dutch. To see all details, please see the Dutch language version of this page.
Go to Dutch page