Welcome to the Master of Education in Arts
Managing, coaching and teaching can be different. More flexible, more playful or more interactive, for example. On the Master of Education in Arts, you use your creativity to develop inspiring and innovative didactic concepts. A concept that corresponds with your stakeholders, the objective and you, as a professional. And you can apply that directly in your own professional context. In a game, a tool or a learning line, for example. To get to that point, you think further than your own discipline or traditional educational and learning methods. Choose your own learning path and enter into discussion with professionals in other disciplines. This enables you to expand your network and become a pioneer of educational innovation, within and outside (art) education.
Master of Education in Arts in brief
- A learning network for entrepreneurs, managers, trainers, educational specialists and educators
- Start addressing your own professional ambition and learning requirements
- You learn to explore issues from your own professional practice and translate them into new concepts
- You develop your creative business, educational design and research skills
- Offered as a part-time master's degree course
Is the Master of Education in Arts something for you?You have an open mindset and a clear goal. You are aware that knowledge transfer, managing and coaching can be different, but you don't yet know how. You would like to find out, using theory, research and practice. Alone and together with others. Does this sound like you? Then read on:
- You have at least three years of work experience in art, culture and/or the educational field
- You have completed the minimum of a senior vocational education course in psychology, for example, art and economy, an arts subject, teacher training or history
- You would like to develop yourself further and be able to put your knowledge directly into practice
- You have a clear professional ambition with clear learning requirements
- You like to use your creativity to be innovative and pioneering
Why choose the Master of Education of Arts at HKU?
Only at HKU are creativity and play and free structuring of your learning path the focus in the Master of Education in Arts course. Play, combined with creativity, research and enterpreneurship are at the fore in the ludo didactics module. In ludo didactics, you learn play principles for developing didactic concepts. You use the play element to stimulate your students' curiosity and intrinsic motivation. Your freedom is expressed in the structure of the study programme. Your own ambitions and learning requirements are the point of departure for attaining the level of master. That level and the learning results are fixed. You largely determine how you get there through your choice of modules. By combining creativity, play, research and enterprise in interaction with others, you contribute to not only your own development but also that of the others.
This programme is in Dutch only!
Please only apply if you are able to read and write Dutch. To see all details, please see the Dutch language version of this page.
Go to Dutch page