Minor Design for Social Change in brief
- You assume the role of designer, project manager, programmer or director
- You design solutions for social issues, such as poverty reduction inequality, transport and climate
- You work together in multidisciplinary and international teams
Is the minor Design for Social Change something for you?Do you enjoy addressing social issues, such as poverty reduction, inequality, clean water, transport, climate and waste? And do you like working together with fellow students, the work field and lecturers to come up with an inspiring design? Then the Design for Social Change minor is right for you.
Apply via the KOM-Portal
Why should you take the Design for Social Change minor at HKU?We offer you good facilities, knowledge and contacts, so you can tackle issues and problems that affect everyone. Within HKU, we work with themed weekly programmes and challenges. The focus in this minor is on the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), such as poverty reduction, inequality, clean water, transport, climate and waste. Does this sound exciting to you? Then apply for minor this minor now.
Practical information on the minor Design for Social Change
- The minor is taught in English, unless all participants speak Dutch
- Semester 1: september 2023 till february 2024
- 2-week blocks with a central theme
- Number of contact hours: 8
- Number of hours of self-study: 32 (including teamwork)
- Testing: group report, organising a knowledge-sharing event, individual reflection report