In order to be admitted to the Master of Music - Music Design you must be able to prove that you have completed (or will soon complete) a bachelor course in the Netherlands, or a similar course abroad.
Candidates are required to possess at least a bachelor degree (or its equivalent national diploma), a sufficient musical level, and to have relevant project and teamwork experience. In exceptional circumstances, candidates may be admitted who lack formal academic qualifications but can demonstrate an equivalent level of intellectual and creative achievement gained in the course of a professional career.
Please note: to be admitted to our Master’s programme, you must demonstrate sufficient competence in the English language by submitting an official international IELTS or TOEFL test certificate. For more information about the language requirements, please visit studentportal.hku.nl/language
- Apply online via studielink.nl
- As soon as we have received your online application, you will receive further instruction by email about the documents you will have to upload. This comprises amongst others a portfolio of your work, a motivation letter, a proof of your English proficiency, and a preliminary MMus study plan.
- Subsequent to uploading, your assignment will be assessed by the selection committee. We will keep you informed about the results through e-mail.
- On the basis of this assessment, candidates will be invited to attend an entry interview, if necessary through skype.
- After you have been admitted to the course you will receive further information on how to complete your enrolment.
Admission closing date
The admission deadline for prospective students with a Dutch or EER nationality is June 25th.
The admission deadline for prospective students with a non-EER nationality is April 15th.
The closing date for sending in your assignment depends on your nationality. We can not guarantee handling assignments submitted after the closing date.
There is a limited capacity for the admissions. Here you can find more information regarding availability.