Makers often have their own personal ways of working. Awareness of this and the insights generated by this awareness are extremely valuable. They inspire the makers to change or transform their ways of working, with more awareness of and confidence in their own creative practice, and in education.
Activating creative research in creative research groups
The professorship works with creative research groups of makers,
maker-lecturers and maker-students in the fields of fine art, composition and
sound design, media, music technology and design.
Developing ways of working in creative research
- Developing ways of working in order to transform makers’ knowledge into creative knowledge, such as the makers’ dialogue, the makers’ discussion and the trialogue
- Developing ways of processing creative knowledge, such as making stories based on episodes, selecting ways of working with video context and compiling passages by subject or theme
- Developing ways of working for designing creative knowledge, such as transforming creative knowledge into multimedia stories, an inspiration book, exercises and workshops
- Developing ways of sharing and evaluating creative
knowledge, such as conducting peer review, holding a forum meeting or forming a
Courses, training, workshops and lectures
- Research by makers for makers
- From maker to co-actor in creative research
- Ways of working in creative research
- Supervision of creative research
- Reinforcing creative practices: Research by makers for makers (in Dutch, English version: in progress)
- Report of the Creative Research Forum Session (internal report about forming and evaluating creative knowledge)
- Sharing knowledge between junior and senior makers (internal report
about passing on makers’ knowledge and creative knowledge in education
research groups that contributed and still contribute to the programme Research
by makers for makers.
Design: Group 1: Arjan Karssen, Femke de Vries, Jesse Visser, Tanja van der Laan. Group 2: Conny
Groenewegen, Marcel Alberts, Marcel Ponjee.
Fine Art: Anika Schwarzlose, Annette Krauss, Anno Dijkstra, Christina della Giustina, Eugene Jongerius, Frank Koolen, Harm Hajonides, Jolanda Schouten, Kostana Banovic, Liza May Post, Maarten Overdijk, Marianne van Ham, Myrthe Nagtzaam, Sander van Deurzen, Sigrid van Willigen.
Media: Antoin Buissink, Lenno Verhoog, Pepijn van de Port, Tjepke Zijlstra.
Music Design: Camille van de Pavert, Cengiz Arslanpay, Friso Hoekstra, Mick van Gasteren, Nick Verstand.
Music Composition and Music Technology: Group 1: Ciska Vriezenga, Gagi Petrovic, Mark IJzerman, Than van Nispen, Wessel Oltheten. Group 2: Albert van Veenendaal, Gé Bijvoet, Ton-Herman Melis; Group 3: Arnoud Traa, Johan van der Voet, Joost van 't Hoff, Karl Heortweard, Roel Slootman, Salvador Breed, Sebastian Schatz, Suzanne Ypma.
Research in Creative Practices: Arja Veerman, Carien Moossdorff, Jochem Naafs, Nick van Tilborg, Phyllis Meyjes.