Overview of publications of the Professorship Interactive Narrative Design
- Koenitz, H., Roth, C., Dubbelman, T., & Knoller, N. (2017). What is a Convention in Interactive Narrative Design? Icids, 10690 (Chapter 29), 295–298.
- Vosmeer, M., Roth, C., & Koenitz, H. (2017). Who Are You? Voice-Over Perspective in Surround Video. Icids, 10690 (4), 221–232.
- Dubbelman, T. (2017). Repetition, Reward and Mastery: The Value of Game Design Patterns for the Analysis of Narrative Game Mechanics. In Technologies for Interactive Digital Storytelling and Entertainment (Vol. 10690, pp. 286–289). Cham: Springer International Publishing.
- Roth, C., & Koenitz, H. (2017). Towards Creating a Body of Evidence-based Interactive Digital Narrative Design Knowledge: Approaches and Challenges. Presented at AltMM'17, Mountain View, CA.
- Duijn, M., Koenitz, H., Beyond the Timeline: a Data-Driven Interface for Interactive Documentary, in proceedings ACMTVX 2017
Koenitz, H., The ‘Story Arc’- a Ghost of Narrative Game Design, in proceedings DIGRA conference 2017
Koenitz, H., Beyond “Walking Simulators” – Games as the Narrative Avant-Garde, in proceedings DIGRA conference 2017
Koenitz, H., The SPP Model - Theorizing Frasca’s narrativist Approach Towards Interactive narrative, in proceedings ELO conference 2017
- Roth, C., Beyond Geheimkunst: A Process to Verify Design Conventions for Digital Forms of narration, in proceedings ELO conference 2017
Roth, C., Ferri, G., Haahr, M., In- depth Analysis of Interactive Digital narrative, workshop and proceedings of ELO conference 2017
Knoller, N. (in press). Complexity and the Userly Text. In M. Grishakova, & M. Poulaki (Eds.), Narrative complexity: experiential and cognitive interfaces. Lincoln, Nebraska: University of Nebraska Press.
- Koenitz, H., Dubbelman, T., Knoller, N., & Roth, C. (2016). An Integrated and Iterative Research Direction for Interactive Digital Narrative. In F. Nack & A. S. Gordon (Eds.), Interactive Storytelling (Vol. 10045, pp. 51–60). Cham: Springer International
- Dubbelman, T. (2016). Narrative Game Mechanics. In F. Nack & A. S. Gordon (Eds.), Interactive Storytelling (Vol. 10045, pp. 39–50). Springer International Publishing.
- Daiute, C., & Koenitz, H. (2016). What is Shared? - A Pedagogical Perspective on Interactive Digital Narrative and Literary Narrative. In Interactive Storytelling (Vol. 10045, pp. 407–410). Cham: Springer, Cham
- Roth, C., & Koenitz, H. (2016). Evaluating the User Experience of Interactive Digital Narrative (pp. 31–36). AltMM’16, New York, New York, USA: ACM Press
Keynotes and talks
- Roth, C., "Brave New Realities - The Virtual Experience", Keynote HANNOVR, Hannover, August 12, 2017
- Koenitz, H., “Toward Systemic Representations” - Keynote Games for Change, DIGRA NL, Utrecht, Feb 7, 2017
- Koenitz, H., “From Objects Arts to Systems Arts” - Keynote Games as Arts/Arts as Games, Falmouth University, October 13, 2016
- Koenitz, H. The Multiple Lives of Walter B. A Biographical Exploration. Digital Installation based on motifs from Walter Benjamin’s life. (ELO 2017 Art Exhibition, Porto, Portugal (new version), ICIDS 2015 art exhibition Copenhagen, Dec. 2015, artCHI workshop, Seoul 2015)