The Master of Music, pathway Music Design (MMus) gives you the opportunity to develop further as an instrumentalist, vocalist, composer, producer, sound designer or music technologist.
You do so by drawing up a personal study plan that forms the basis for the two-year Master’s course. Prior to your application for the Master of Music, we ask you to focus on a certain profile. You will then develop this profile in the study plan and describe how you want to shape it. Fixed components of the course include research (more or less practically oriented) and an internship.
The Music Design pathway is divided into the following four strands: Composition, Music Production, Music Technology and Sound Design. You can take this pathway if you have passed a Bachelor’s course in composition, music production, music technology or sound design, or have a Bachelor’s certificate in a similar subject.
Why this course?
• Personal study plan
• Personal supervision by tutor/supervisor and teachers
• (Practice-oriented) research
• Contacts with the professional field: venues, music organisations, etc.
• Training in business and organisational skills
• Masterclasses and clinics
• Participation in projects
• Practice-oriented internship
• Multidisciplinary projects, in collaboration with animation, modern dance, theatre, film, games, visual art, etc.
• Artist-in-residence projects
• Collaboration with the Music Design professorship: presentations, congresses and symposia
If you wish to put yourself forward as a candidate for the Master of Music, you must have completed a professional music course at Bachelor’s level, or a similar course abroad, before 1 September of the new academic year. You are motivated to develop yourself further and are able to substantiate this motivation well in an interview and in your cover letter, in which you outline your study goals. The admissions committee will also assess your audition and your curriculum vitae.
For more information about the Master of Music, please contact the Student Service Centre by e-mail email@example.com.
If you are interested in the MMus Pathway Music Design, please contact Claudia van den Hoeven – MMus tutor (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are specifically interested in the MPhil course, please contact Rens Machielse – head of Music and Technology (email@example.com).